The list of benefits to starting your day with a warm cup of lemon water is quite extensive. Here are just a few to make heating up some water and slicing a lemon worth your effort.
- Lemons have pectin fiber. Pectin fiber aids in the suppression of hunger cravings • Lemons have Vitamin C, which is known to improve the health of your skin and decreasing blemishes and wrinkles • can help you better regulate your bowel movements • the citric acid in lemons interacts with various enzymes in your body and stimulates the secretion of gastric juice, helping your body with digestion •
- help reduce both joint and muscle pain • provides your body with plenty of hydrating electrolytes in the form of potassium, calcium, and magnesium • lemons are powerful antioxidants, they can protect your body from various free radicals and also strengthen your immune system • have a high potassium content – depression and anxiety are often linked to not having enough potassium in your blood • Lemon water can help cleanse your blood and arteries • Lemons contains high amounts of citrate, and numerous human studies have found it can successfully help treat kidney stones Interested, but not sure how you are going to fit zesting lemons into your busy morning? You can easily zest your organic lemons and store the lemon zest in the freezer.
-8-12+ ounces of warm (not boiling) water
-½-1 organic lemon and zest
-½ inch piece of fresh ginger root (optional)
-fresh mint (optional)
1. Pour your hot water into mug or large cup.
2. Squeeze one-half or one whole lemon into the water
3. Add the zest and optional mint and/or ginger